TRIPLE P PARENTING CLASS
FOR TEEN TRUANCY
If you are a parent of a teen who is truant, this program will give you the tools you need to address and resolve the issues surrounding your teen’s school attendance. Teens skip school for a variety of reasons, and parents may not find out about the issue until a serious problem
arises. This program provides information on how to identify truancy, the causes of teen truancy, how to work towards a solution, and improve communication with your teen to ensure regular school attendance. Small workshops are held in a therapeutic setting.
Truant Teens Class Discussion
- Reasons you leave school
- Consequences at home and school for “habitual” truancy – academically, financially and emotionally
- What the future holds for the uneducated teen
- Goal setting to get back on track
- Getting the support to be successful
- Working with your parents to resolve the problem
Parents Class Discussion
- Identifying truancy and reasons your teen is truant
- The effects on your family, relationships, and how your parent.
- Exploring alternative strategies to improve communication and a create a more positive relationship with your teen
- Goal setting together with your teen to improve attendance.
FEE: $125 For Teen Class
Free for Parents attending the Parenting Class
Triple P Truancy class for parents is funded by Contra Costa Health Services Act, PEI
Here is a couple of videos and images from our successful event of Game Of Life. The teens, as well as us, had so much fun and can’t wait to host it again next year!