C.O.P.E. Family Support Center Presents
Training for: All school staff (school administrators,
teachers, assistants, office & yard duty staff)
“Creating a Safe and Respectful Environment in Your Classroom & School”
Understanding and Intervening in Bully Behavior Module 1 Objectives
- Understand what bullying behavior is and is not
- Understand what bullying behavior may look like in the classroom
- Explore ideas for responding to bullying behavior
- Become equipped with specific strategies for addressing and reporting bullying behavior when it occurs
Creating a supportive Classroom Climate Module 2 Objectives
- Consider what a positive classroom climate looks like and how it can prevent bullying.
- Examine the role of teacher-to-student and student-to-student relationships in building a supportive classroom climate.
- Explore strategies for preventing bullying in the classroom, including establishing a culture of respect for differences among students.
- Consider how a web of positive support among students and other adults acrossthe school community can help prevent bullying.
- Identify and commit to use one new strategy for preventing bullying in their daily work with students
Contact the C.O.P.E office for more information 925-689-5811