Mission and Vision
C.O.P.E. Family Support Center, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides family support services and educational opportunities for ALL FAMILIES in Contra Costa County.
The agency’s mission is to prevent child abuse and strengthen family relationships through comprehensive support services that empower parents, encourage healthy relationships and cultivate nurturing families. We believe that families have diverse and unique needs which require a multifaceted approach of prevention, intervention, and lifelong wellness services.
Our goal is to provide our clients with an individualized support network of services and resources that address their particular needs, as well as promote physical, emotional, and mental health in their family. We offer group or individual parent classes, coaching and counseling. Our services are all evidence-based, and culturally and linguistically relevant to the needs of all family ethnicities and incomes including, but not limited to, low-income under-served families and caregivers in Contra Costa County.
C.O.P.E. Family Support Center, Inc. provides Evidence-based curriculum enhancing the knowledge, skills, and confidence of parents in order to prevent behavioral, emotional, and developmental problems in children and adolescents. Trainings include;
- For parents of children ages 0 to 12 (9-week class)
- For parents of teens ages 13 to 17 (9-week class)
- For parents of Children with Special Needs (10-week class)
- Seminars for elementary, middle and high schools
- Coaching sessions based on Positive Parenting
- Enhanced classes dealing with stress, depression, anxiety, co-parenting difficulties, and anger management in parenting
- Truancy Workshops for parents and for teens
- Family Transitions for separation, divorce, step-families and co-parenting single parents, divorced parents, and step parents
- Parents of teens and school age children, and parents with special needs children and children who struggle with weight issues.
- Supporting Father Involvement classes
- Stop Bullying training for schools and parents
- Anger Management for Adults and Teens
The agency opened its doors on July 1, 2011 thanks to the generous support of Contra Costa County Mental Health Services and First 5 Contra Costa. Both agencies recognized the critical need for evidenced based parent education programs that will effectively serve families who need immediate help and would find strength through support provided in the programs. Since that time C.O.P.E. has served an average of 400 families per year.
C.O.P.E. is led by Cathy Botello, Executive Director and Founder, who has over 18 years’ experience in leading nonprofit operations and delivering services to families. Our staff members are the cornerstone of C.O.P.E.’s assets. We have a wealth of experience working with youth and in the areas of parenting & parent coaching/counseling, adoption support, intervention, prevention, and wellness.
Our dynamic staff is composed of PhD’s, Masters and Bachelor level practitioners and staff with over 18 years average experience in providing family support services. We are dedicated individuals from diverse cultural, ethnic, linguistic and professional backgrounds which include: social workers, licensed therapists, psychologist, educators, professional parenting practitioners, and volunteers.
Parent education classes and parent coaching/counseling, and parent mentoring are available to the general public at a fee. Please call for more information.