The Triple P Parenting Program
- Pathway Triple P is for parents who have anger mangement problems and are at high risk for harming their children. Class overview
- Twenty-six week anger management for adult and/or teens: Recognize and normalize anger, gain better understanding and control of self. Learn different ways to manage stress and improve emotional intelligence and communication. Class overview
Triple P – Positive Parenting Program
We provide Triple P Positive Parenting Program, a parenting curriculum that has years of research and evidence proving it helps in the prevention and treatment of behavioral, emotional and developmental problems with children by increasing knowledge, skills and confidence of parents. Parents of difficult to manage children who are demanding, disobedient, defiant, aggressive or generally disruptive are likely to benefit. Program overview
Parent Education Classes
- Children ages 0 to 12 (9 week class) Class overview
- Teens ages 13 – 17 (9 week class) Class overview
- Children with Special Needs (10 weeks) Class overview
- Seminars for parents of children ages 0-12 (1-3 weeks) Class overview
- Coaching sessions based on Positive Parenting Class overview
- Enhanced classes dealing with stress, depression, anxiety, co-parenting difficulties, and anger management in parenting Class overview
- Group Lifestyle Class overview
- Primary Care Triple P Class overview
Supporting Father Involvement (SFI)
Supports a father’s active participation and involvement in the life of his children. Reflects on teh individual (self-confidence, depression, anxiety), quality of relationships, skills and confidence in the parenting, family patterns, and family/community stressors/supports. Class overview
School Staff/Teacher support in identify and intervene in bullying behavior as well as create a positive climate in the classroom. Class overview
Parent Workshops teach strategies and support parents of children involved in any aspect of bullying or in need of general information. Class overview
C.O.P.E. 2nd Annual Fundraising Event
Spotlights Extraordinary Parent / Caregiver’s Compassion for Medically Fragile Infants
The Counseling Options and Parent Education (C.O.P.E.) Family Support Center honored Kris Gery,as our Uplifting Families in Our Community Hero, at its fundraiser, on April 18, 2015 at Contra Costa Country Club.
Kris Gery, a Foster Family Network Vice President and foster mom to over 25 medically fragile foster children, most were drug exposed and medically fragile at birth. Kris maintains contact with most of her foster children throughout her 16 years in Contra Costa’s Foster Parent program. Kris and her husband, Michael hosted many gatherings at their home for the children and their families throughout the year. Sadly Kris lost her husband of 42 years this past October.
C.O.P.E. Family Support Center provides parent support to approximately 600 families in Contra Costa County. The C.O.P.E. mission is to prevent child abuse and strengthen families through parent education and counseling services to foster healthy relationships and cultivate nurturing families. C.O.P.E., honors community advocates who make a difference in the lives of children and families by providing support and education.
A Special Thank You to the Tapestry Vocal and Handbell Ensemble for their fund raising concerts during the month of May in support of C.O.P.E. Family Support Center.